|Description of change|
|First issue of the document.|
|v2 31/10/2008||Full document||Update to reflect start of Metop/IASI-L2:
Sec. 2: Additional references RD10, 25, 26, 74-79. Deleted reference RD59 which duplicates RD58.
Sec. 3: Configuration history added.
Sec. 4 & 8: Minor text additions and corrections.
Sec. 6.2 to 6.6: Additional dissemination details.
Annex 1 (common): Updates to sentences for Level 1c & Level 2.
- GIADR table: Field sizes for PRESSURE_LEVELS_OZONE and SURFACE_EMISSIVITY_WAVELENGTHS corrected, affecting offsets and total record size.
- MDR table: Updates to several values for scaling factor, dimensions, field size affecting ATMOSPHERIC_OZONE, INTEGRATED_OZONE, INEGRATED_N2O, INTEGRATED_CH4, SURFACE_EMISSIVITY, DATA_SIZES; also offsets and total record size corrected.
Other general layout improvements and typo corrections.
|v2A 12/11/2008||Section 4||New section 4.3.2 inserted “Vertical resolution of the temperature and humidity profiles”.|
|v2B 07/04/2009||Full document|| Sec. 3: Configuration history tables updated.
Sec. 5.1: EPSView description replaced by text on available generic tools.
Sec. 6.5 Table 6-7: Added lists of BUFR descriptor sequences.
- Updates to Field Size and Offset values in GIADR & MDR to correspond to adopted default values of parameters NEW & NLO. Explanatory paragraph added near start of section.
- Description of MDR.CLOUD_PHASE updated to include value 255.
- Descriptions in NAVIGATION_STATUS bitfield updated to correspond with those in PFS.
Various minor editorial updates, correction of typos and hyperlinks.
(NB: Ann. 6 & 7 renamed as Sec. 10 & 11.)
|v2C 03/12/2010||Mainly Sections 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 (formerly 10)|| Most of the updates relate to release of new PPF software version 5.1.
Sec. 2: Added references RD27 to RD31.
Sec. 3: Configuration History table updates including new PPF s/w versions.
Sec. 126.96.36.199: Fewer cloud detection tests.
Sec. 188.8.131.52: Simplified determination of cloud top height and fractional cloud cover.
New section 184.108.40.206 “Temperature & water vapour profiles” – additional retrievals result in availability of temperature profiles for >50% of field of view where previously only 10-12%.
Sec. 4.3.2: Clarification of cloudiness flags.
Sec. 8: Merged with Section 9 and introduced the four Product Validation Reports applicable to ‘Day 2’ operations.
Sec. 9.3 (now):
- Added note on bit numbering convention used (different from IASI-L2 PGS).
- Updates to descriptions for FLG_IASICLR, FLG_CLDTST and FLG_IASICLD.
Other minor textual and hyperlink updates.
|v2D 14/03/2011||Sections 1-6, 8||L2Pcore GHRSST updates:
Sec. 1: Added text.
Sec. 2: Added references RD32, 33, 42, 80-85.
Sec. 3: Configuration History - new PPF s/w version 5.1.1.
New sections 4.2.4 & 4.4.
New section 5.3.
New sections 6.2.3 & 6.6. Table 6-1 additions.
New section 8.2.
|v2E 25/03/2011||Section 11||New section (forgot to include with v2D).|
|v2F 20/10/2011||Section 3, Section 4||• Added table giving the IASI L2P Core SST Single Sensor Error Statistics updates. • New version of IASI L2 PPF- V5.2.1. • More description added in Sec. 4.4 regarding the bias and standard deviation used for quality information. • Added section 4.6 on the IASI L2 product status.|
|v2G 19/07/2012||Section 3||Update Table 3-2 and Table 3-3.|